The Beloved Community Software License (Draft 0.1)
The BCL is a Non Violent Software License that has been created out of Love, Peace, and Purpose.
The BCL Software License is based on an understanding and recognition of: Martin Luther King’s “Beloved Community”, “Gandhian Nonviolence”, and a Spiritual Activism that pursues a future of Freedom through ending the struggle of the oppressed Multitudes of the World.
As Technologist and Spiritual Activist, we are actively committed to building a modern future of: Freedom, Spirituality, and Fulfillment for all. In this new modern World, Violence, Poverty, Racism, Sexism, Prisons, and Militarism cannot survive.
Copyright (c) 2017 The Beloved Community
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
Recognition and Possibilities
1. Software and Hardware issued under the BCL Software License will be used to improve the lives of the Multitudes of the World that are oppressed and in struggle.
2. Software and Hardware issued under the BCL License will be used to foster the development of equitable and inclusive political and economic spaces.
3. Whenever it is feasible the Software and Hardware issued under the BCL License shall be used to enable the enfranchisement of the incarcerated into the daily activities of our communities.
4. By using Software and Hardware Issued under the BCL License you recognize the spiritual divinity of every person with special attention to the hungry, the homeless and the oppressed.
5. By using Software and Hardware Issued under the BCL License you recognize the sanctity of the earth.
6. By using Software and Hardware Issued under the BCL License you recognize the humanity of the incarcerated.
7. By using Software and Hardware Issued under the BCL License you recognize that reparations and atonement are a part of a needed healing process for the oppressed Multitude.
1. Software or Hardware issued under the BCL License cannot be used for any violent purpose.
2. Software or Hardware issued under the BCL License cannot be used for surveillance of any kind.
3. Software or Hardware issued under the BCL License cannot be used for war.
4.Software or Hardware issued under the BCL License cannot be used to support Military activities.
5. Software or Hardware issued under the BCL cannot be used to inflict violence upon the earth.
6. Software or Hardware issued under the BCL License cannot be be used by institutions of incarceration.
7. Software or Hardware issued under the BCL License cannot be used to support the activities of Institutions of Incarceration.
8. Software or Hardware issued under the BCL License cannot be sub licensed.
Any project using the BLC Software License will include a link to the BLC project page, along with an approved BLC logo
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
The BCL is a Software License that is based non violence and a radical love for all.
The BCL does not support judicial and legal systems that enforce corporal punishment, or retributive justice.
As a first measure disputes concerning the terms of the BCL License will be adjudicated through a spiritual community driven Nonviolent communication process.